Are you an up & coming sexuality professional looking to grow your skills? Would you like more experience in the Non-Profit Sector? Do you want to learn more about what it means to be a sex positive, pleasure inclusive advocate for health?
We have an internship for you!
The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health welcomes applicants who aspire to enter into the field of sexuality. The Internship Program is a great educational experience for anyone interested in sex education, web management, marketing, social media, event-planning, public health, research, non-profit organizations, grant writing, and/or connecting with an amazing, diverse community of sex-positive people from all walks of life.
The CSPH is a place for interns to employ skills that they already have while increasing their knowledge about the field of sexuality, and building new skills. Applicants should have basic knowledge or working experience of the intern position they apply for.
*Please note that even though we are working hard as an organization to obtain funding for our Internship Program, all internship positions are currently unpaid. For more information on the benefits of our program, check out the Benefits! section below!
Though our internships are currently unpaid, there are many benefits to becoming a CSPH intern!
- Interns have free access to CSPH workshops, programs, and events.
- The Center also ensures that interns are offered one product to review during the course of their internship.
- Interns are provided with networking opportunities, and chances to meet fabulous sexuality professionals!
- Local folks are encouraged to attend CSPH-involved coalition meetings and conference planning groups, which are a great opportunity to meet contacts from local organizations.
- Interns with writing skills have the chance to be published on the CSPH website or blog.
- A supportive, sex positive staff focused on supporting interns through the learning process while encouraging nuanced perspectives via multiple lenses.
- Access to CSPH materials, library, and content.
- Resume-building teaching opportunities for those interested in education.
Summer Semester Internship
The CSPH Summer Internship runs from June to end of August, 2017. Internships are primarily project-based, and hour commitments will vary depending on an intern’s workload. Local interns are required to complete two shifts per week at the Center, a 13 hour total. Current CSPH Intern shift hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 11:45 to 6:15 pm.
For this semester, there are four spaces for local interns and one distance position available. This semester, we will have five spots open for incoming interns in the following positions (click to read):
Applications are currently CLOSED. The application process for our Summer semester will open on April 1, 2017.
NOTE: You must be at least 18 years of age to intern at The CSPH.
Full participation in a 2-day long internship training course on May 16th & 17th, 2017, is mandatory
Applicants that cannot attend both days in full will not be considered.