Are you an up & coming sexuality professional looking to grow your skills? Would you like more experience in the Non-Profit Sector? Do you want to learn more about what it means to be a sex positive, pleasure inclusive advocate for health?
We have an internship for you!
The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health welcomes applicants who aspire to enter into the field of sexuality. Our internship program is an educational experience designed for folks who are interested in sexuality education, web management and design, social media content development, event planning and marketing, public health, sexuality research, non-profit organizations, grant writing, and/or connecting with a supportive, talented, diverse community of sex-positive people from all walks of life.
The CSPH is a place where interns are encouraged to employ knowledge and talents that they already have, while increasing their knowledge about the field of sexuality and developing the professional skills necessary to build their career. Applicants should have basic knowledge or working experience of the intern position they apply for.
*Please note that even though we are working hard as an organization to obtain funding for our Internship Program, all internship positions are currently unpaid. For more information on the benefits of our program, check out the Benefits section below!
Though our internships are currently unpaid, there are many benefits to becoming a CSPH intern!
- Interns have free access to CSPH workshops, events, and programs, including an in-person version of our most popular webinar, Jumpstart Your Career in Sexuality.
- The CSPH ensures that interns are offered one product to review during the course of their internship.
- Interns are provided with networking opportunities, and chances to meet fabulous sexuality professionals!
- Local interns are encouraged to attend CSPH-involved coalition meetings and conference planning groups, which are a great opportunity to meet contacts from local organizations.
- Interns with writing skills have the chance to be published on the CSPH website or blog.
- Our sex positive staff members have diverse and interdisciplinary expertise in the sexuality field. They focus on supporting interns through the learning process while encouraging nuanced perspectives via multiple lenses.
- Access to CSPH materials, library, and content.
- Resume-building teaching opportunities for those interested in education.
Summer Semester Internship
The CSPH Summer Internship runs from June to end of August, 2017. Internships are primarily project-based, and hour commitments will vary depending on an intern’s workload. Local interns are required to complete two shifts per week at the CSPH, a 13 hour total. Current CSPH Intern shift hours are Tuesday-Friday, 11:45 to 6:15 pm.
For this semester, there are four spaces for local interns and one distance position available. This semester, we will have five spots open for incoming interns in the following positions (click to read):
Applications for Summer 2017 must be submitted before midnight on April 15, 2017. See the graphic below for more important dates.
You must be at least 18 years of age to intern at The CSPH. Full participation in a 2-day long internship training course on May 13th & 14th, 2017, is mandatory. Applicants that cannot attend both days in full will not be considered.
Local interns will be required to attend in-person, distance interns will be required to attend the training online.
Applications are accepted for each semester on a rolling basis. In order to considered, please apply prior to cutoff dates. Once you have submitted your application, you may expect a response within 3 weeks. In order to be considered as an applicant, you must be able to attend both Intern & Volunteer Training days listed on the application.
- Summer Semester: April 15th
- Spring Semester: November 15th
- Fall Semester: July 15th
Got questions? Email email@example.com!
NOTE: LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.