Every Friday, The CSPH shares with you stories, reports, and headlines we’ve come across during the week focusing on sexuality, gender, sexual health, sexual politics, and more. These may be stories we found to be controversial, thought-provoking, or just plain interesting! Without further adieu, here is the roundup for the week of November 30, 2012.
1. Naughty Home Ec: Do It Yourself
Get the most out of your sex toys with these innovative ways to transform them into household items.
2. Daily Awww: Something Old, Something New
This adorable centenarian couple waited 88 years to take their wedding portraits.
3. “Mom, I…Want To Make Vibrators.”
A mom’s proud perspective on her son’s forage into the vibrating sex toy industry.
4. No Strangers Come To Aid Domestic Abuse
[TW: abuse] Why aren’t we quicker to step in when we see abuse? Domestic violence should be a public, not a private problem.
5. All I Want For Christmas Is A Good Spanking
“Coming out” with your spanking fetish can be a slap to the face for both you and your partner.
6. The Jim Collins Foundation Wants To Help You Transition
An amazing community-based initiative for trans* individuals who want gender-confirming surgeries, but lack the financial means.